Task 2: Point to point communication system
This task will explore all related issues regarding the physical layer of the point-to-point link. Some commercial products will be considered during this task as a benchmark. The purpose is to verify the predicted performance and overcome some of its figures. In parallel with this commercial product an underwater radio modem will be fully developed, where some specific contributions regarding modulation and coding will be addressed. This task includes the following subtasks:
- ST2.1: Commercial product.
- ST2.2: Performance evaluation.
- ST2.3: Modulation / coding. Theoretical/Simulated studies.
- ST2.4: Underworld simulated performance analysis.
- ST2.5: Analysis and comparison.
- ST2.6: Building the radiomodem.
- ST2.7: Analysis and comparison. Conclusions.